US/TU - The Urban Soil Tierra Urbana Limited Equity Housing Co-op (LEHC)
This is a legal organization that will allow for cooperative ownership of the LAEV buildings. A decent basic definition of LEHCs can be found here
The process of creating this organization has been ongoing for some time. An early timeline had us done by mid 2009. However, we persevere, and the following committees are making it happen, one puzzle piece at a time. For more info about what each piece does, how to contact them, and how to get involved, click on the appropriate link:
- Governance Committee - Tasked with the creation of the bylaws and other governance issues for the new co-op.
- Membership Committee - Creates the membership process for the Co-op and the IC. Currently merged with the Governance Committee.
- Bienvenidos Committee - Runs the membership process that brings in new members of the community.
- Finance Committee - Designs and runs the financial aspect of the coop, including monthly, anual, and long-term bugeting.
- Management Committee - Oversees the day-to-day operations of the Co-op buildings
- Conflict Resolution Team - Tasked with assisting in the resolution of any interpersonal or personal-group conflict that arrises.
Contact info is on each individual page, or you can go to the list of Mailing Lists for info about these committees and others.
Urban Soil/Tierra Urbana by-laws (consensed upon in 2011 and amended in 2013) can be found here.
Earlier draft by-laws can be found here.
Service Repayment Loan Agreement
Service Hours Reporting Hidden