This is the membership committee central. We are working on several issues related to the entrance of new members into the Los Angeles Eco-Village Intentional Community, and with the membership details for the future.
Here are some documents to start exploring this subject
- Becoming a Member - So you want to be an La Eco Village Member… visit this page for an introduction and brief overview. This is the page that is linked on the laecovillage.org website. The following link also redirects to that page: http://urbansoil.net/membership
- Bienvenidos Committee - The Bienvenidos Committee is here to help facilitate the membership process. “Bienvenidos” is Spanish for “those who are welcome”.
- Membership Process - The approved process for incoming members. We have been working on this document since the Tree Bressen workshop on October 2006. Follow this link for the working copy of the membership process, you can add comments, annotate or link to other pages: Membership Process Annotated
- Questionnaire - Some questions we like to ask our prospective members
- Liaisons are current members who volunteer to provide support for people in the membership process. Once a questionnaire is submitted, a liaison is assigned to each prospective member.
- Orientation - Slide show currently used in LAEV/USTU membership orientations. Here are other documents related to orientations:
- Draft Participation Matrix Dec 2008 - draft participation matrix for discussion on expanding the definition of “participation”
- [[US/TU Proposed Membership Documents]] as circulated by Kathy in April 2009
- Bienvenidos Committee Central - The Bienvenidos Committee has a more administrative function. It deals with replying to interested people, keeping databases, making phone calls and providing access to documents -among other things-. The Bienvenidos Commitee Central is for keeping those things. Note: you need a password to access many of these pages.
- InProcessHidden - (note that you need to enter your password) - List of people currently in the process, their questionnaires, and the Bienvenidos responder list for membership inquiries.
- Membership Inquiries - Resources for answering membership inquiries sent to the membership email: email@example.com
- Exit Survey - To be sent by liaisons to people exiting the membership process, and by Bienvenidos to members moving out of the community
We meet on average every 2 weeks. Meetings are open to any community member. Click here for the Membership Committee Agenda Planning.
Edit a new meeting page by clicking on the day of the calendar:
Meeting Notes, this is not a comprehensive collection.