HomePage MeetingPages Membership Information Password Visitor Committee Garden Club Conflict Resolution Team Work Party Schedule LAEV Food Coop USTU Committees and Initiatives New

MeetingPages

This is an experiment in Using day-pages for keeping track of Meeting Notes.
The page you see now is the mother page for a day page set that includes all the pages with the id “Meeting” added to them.

The title of a day-page consists of the date + the name of the day-page set it belongs to. In this case “Meeting” . You can edit a day-page just like every other wiki-page.
For example 2006-05-28_Meeting.

The central page of a day-page set is called mother-page.
The title of the mother-page consists of the name of the day-page set + Pages. All day-pages of the set get included at the end of the mother-page, newest on top.
For example MeetingPages.
Other day pages in this wiki: PlantPages

For more information visit What is a day-page set?

Notes page template: Meeting Notes Template
Clear special characters tool: Clean special characters


You can edit a Meeting Page in this wiki using the following link or by clicking in any of the dates of the calendar:

Edit Today's Meeting Page

Meetings:

2018-12-10 Meeting

Agenda

  • Agenda Review
  • Community Glue in the New Year - Dilean
  • Andy requests to become a member of the management committee - Carol on behalf of the Management Committee
  • Proposal for Chicken Habitat Design and Rough Budget - Animal Care Committee (Habitat Design Division)
  • Provisional Membership Interview with Natali - Irma
  • Announcement for Beandrea’s Greenlight Interview to be held on January 14th - Samantha
  • Request for Lily’s Provisional Membership Interview to be held on December 17th - Questa
  • Next Fours
  • Evaluation

Community Meeting Notes

Present: Lara, Philip, Kurt, Jess, Beandra (in process), Lilly (in process), Gemma, Chloe, Jimmy, Irma, Juliana, Natali, Dilean, Aurisha, Julio 2.0

Summary of Meeting Decisions

  • (The community decided to approve the design and location of the new chicken coop presented by the Animal Care Committee, as well as $300 to start building the new chicken coop)

Community Glue in the New Year - Dilean

  • Presentation:
    • Would love to see if anyone has any ideas for next year in terms of social activities, or workshops.
 How we can come together more as a community.
    • Maybe each of us can list out skill sets.
    • Example, Jess R knows how to sew, so we could have a workshop based on the art of repair.
  • Questions/Comments/Discussion:
    • Want to connect the new people with the “ancestors of the village”. Give people a greater depth to the feeling of being here.
    • Looking at things that happened in the past. Maybe bring back the spoken word open mic?
    • Thiago’s music on Wednesdays
    • Storytelling, telling stories of past history, family members, way to get to know people
    • Maybe form a committee, so then you can ask for money for this from the budget
    • Community block party?
    • Non-violent communication committee?
      • hasn’t been done in a decade
      • Sam’s sister is certified, bring her out here for a vacation
  • Next Steps
    • email Dilean if you think of something else.
    • In January, Dilean will be doing a zero waste workshop to kick off the year

Andy requests to become a member of the management committee - Carol on behalf of the Management Committee

  • Did not have board quorum, so could not proceed with this item

Proposal for Chicken Habitat Design and Rough Budget - Animal Care Committee (Habitat Design Division)

  • Presentation:
    • The Chicken Division of the Animal Care Committee would like to request approval on a design and a budget to build a new chicken coop
      • current coop is in sad shape
      • Want to move the coop location to in between Jimmy’s patio and Lara’s patio to the middle of the back of the upper courtyard
      • There is an ordinance that a chicken dwelling has to be 30 feet from a human dwelling
      • House 8 to 10 chickens
      • chicken run would be the fenced in small fruiting garden
    • Materials
      • seems like we could build everything with wood that we already have on site
      • may have to buy fencing material ($70 for posts, $130 for mesh fencing)
  • Questions/Comments/Discussion:
    • Carol has some gardens over there
      • Talked to Carol and Lara about it, they are both fine with this idea
    • What about the greywater outlet?
      • Greywater will not hurt the chickens
    • who is taking care of Jolly?
      • Lois, but once new coop is built, we will transition the care to the animal care committee
    • Are we still talking about having a run over the compost?
      • No as of right now, but could be expanded
    • I would like to see a more itemized budget, and I would like to spend a little more money, and make it really built to last
      • we may be coming back to ask for money for more saw blades and finishing oil. Takes extra time and care to use recycled materials right, and we intend to do it right.
    • Has there been proof that this design with be safe for the chickens?
      • we think so
  • Proposal/Decision
    • Can we have approval of the design of the chicken coop?
      • Approved.
    • Can we have approval of start-up budget of $300?
      • Approved. Money will come out of eco-tech and general committee fund

Provisional Membership Interview with Natali - Irma

  • Presentation:
    • Did tour in May
    • Know most of the people here
  • Questions/Comments/Discussion:
    • What has the membership process been like for you?
      • I’ve appreciated it, I’ve appreciated the stable environment, getting to know everyone
    • What were some of your expectations? Have they been met?
      • tour got me interested, like that everyone has different skill sets, different personalities, but the same mission and values. I would like more of that in my life.
    • What’s your transportation situation now and what do you expect it to be in the future
      • don’t own a car, and don’t plan on owning one anytime soon. Want to work closer so I can bike and walk, rather than take public transportation
    • how do you deal with conflict?
      • I see it as an opportunity to expand my point of view. Conflict isn’t a bad thing. It’s ok if both parties don’t agree. I like being validated, and I like being heard, but I am willing to compromise for the benefit of the group.
    • Is your perspective on conflict to let it go?
      • If it were a friend, I would want to talk it out with them. If it were a group setting, like a meeting, I would try to not make it personal, and try to look at it more objectively. Try to see what is best for the group.
    • what do you do with the tension in conflict?
      • talk about it
    • do you have a career objective and how does the eco-village fit in with that objective?
      • I originally came here for grad school, but changed my focus to public policy / social work. But still deciding if I want to be a therapist or on the ground.
    • What excites you most about the village? Where do you see yourself in the next two to three years?
      • being a member and being more a part and able to join in on a different level. I don’t see myself moving around a lot. I plan to explore my career for a while while living with the eco-village
    • Do you think you can get support from people here after moving in?
      • I think that would be another reason why I would love to be a part of this community. To get that support.
    • Have you thought about your relationship with the various products that you use?
      • I would like to do more exploration on my relationship to the resources that I use in terms of recycling, and gardening, and composting.
    • If you could live in a book or movie, what would it be and why?
      • The Hobbit because I think it would be cool to live in the environment of The Hobbit
    • If you are approved as provisional member you would have to wait a while to move in. How do you feel about that?
      • I feel like it’s worth the wait
    • What other committees are you looking forward to joining?
      • Chicken care committee, and emergency preparedness committee
    • what are the things that make you most happy?
      • laughing, friends, shared memories, learning something new
    • Is there one thing that may be hard for you to deal with after moving into the village?
      • beautifying the property. I understand that process can be lengthy and frustrating, but I still would like to be part of the process to help.
    • What is a gift or talent that you bring to this community?
      • I love artsy things. Went to Waldorf school. Good at organizing and making things look pretty. I am a data specialist, so I am good at excel.
      • Reason I have two jobs is to get myself out of debt, not because I can’t pay my bills
  • Next Steps
    • Natali’s liaison (Irma) will schedule a decision for Natali’s provisional membership at a future meeting

Announcement for Beandrea’s Greenlight Interview to be held on January 14th - Samantha

  • Presentation
    • Beandrea would like to have her greenlight interview on January 14th.
  • Next Steps
    • Beandrea’s liaison (Samantha) will schedule a greenlight interview for a future meeting

Request for Lily’s Provisional Membership Interview to be held on December 17th - Questa

  • Presentation:
    • Would like to schedule interview for 12/17/18
  • Next Steps
    • There are some scheduling conflicts with Natali’s provisional membership decision, Lily’s provisional membership interview and decision, and Beandrea’s Greelight interview and decision. The three liasions should get together and decide on a schedule, and propose it to the facilitators

4 Nexts

  • Facilitators: Jordan and Irma
  • Committee Meetings:
    • Management Committee Tuesday at 6 PM
    • Karaoke Committee meeting on Friday at 6 PM at Relampago
  • Super supper:
    • Burrito Project - 12/15/18 11 AM to 5 PM
  • Work party:
    • garden party this Saturday at 3 pm. Meet in the courtyard
    • cooking dinner for people at SPOTVIL, Thursday at 5:30 PM in the community room, taking dinner over o SPOTVIL at 6:30 PM
  • Announcements:
    • Sunday is Elya’s birthday party 11 AM to 2 PM. Elya and Aurisha are interested in a ride to the airport on 12/20, if anyone is willing and able.
    • Networking breakfast with Julio’s networking group on Friday at 6:15 AM. Leave the village at 5:30 AM
    • GET IN YOUR BVCLT FORMS TO LARA PLEASE

Evaluation

  • impressed that your didn’t know you were going to facilitate, but you did so well
  • loved the chicken coop diorama
  • went nice with the flow
  • loved the detailed agenda
  • spelled Lily’s name wrong in the agenda
  • I liked hearing what people are doing for the holidays
  • great combo

Comments on this page

2018-12-03 Meeting

USTU Board Meeting December 3, 2018

Board members: Lois, Lara, Josh, Jimmy, Aurisha, Yuki, Carol, Joe
Members: Ellary, Eric, Philip, William, Adri, Sam, Julio 2.0, Dilean, Kurt, Questa, missed names (please fill in if you were there)
Guests: Natali, Natalie, missed names…

Agenda

1) Introductions
2) Agenda Review
3) Upcoming Conversation on Spotvil (Gemma & Chloe)
4) Review of USTU 2018 Board Calendar
5) Management Report (Jess B)
6) Draft Budget for 2019 (Josh)
7) Annual Rent Adjustment (Josh)
8) BVCLT Items: (a) Board compliance, BVCLT membership (b) Is USTU inaterested in purchasing 4-plex?
9) 5 Nexts
10) Evaluation

Summary of Consensus Decisions

  • Rent Adjustment – Consensus to increase Bimini Terrace rents by $8/month starting March 2019. Needs formal ratification at next meeting with board quorum due to late notification.

Notes

Introductions

  • Check in question: What do you like to do when the weather gets cold.

Agenda Review

  • Reviewed Agenda

Upcoming Conversation on Spotvil

  • Discuss feelings and thoughts re Spotvil and homelessness in LA
  • Scheduled for Saturday, Dec 8, 11am-12:30pm. Childcare provided
  • First conversation will be solely for residents of the two USTU buildings with the idea of holding a second meeting later on with other neighbors (with Spanish/English translation and childcare)

Review of USTU 2018 Board Items Calendar

  • Reviewed board calendar | linked here
  • Suggestion to use scheduled January 2019 Board (and possibly other meeting) as “catch-up” for several items for which we are behind.

Management Report

  • Repair and Maintenance
    • Pilot lights in heaters are being lit, and you can learn how to do it if you want
    • Garage: New roof, including reinforcing and replacing parts of the roof, and new paint. Original budget was $5000, and total was $7000. Two questions: 1) Was there an asbestos test done? 2) Can the roof support construction on top of it?
    • 117 roof tiles fixed. Still need repairs on gutters, some work will wait until 2019 after rainy season
    • 207 - Plan to be done by mid-January, rough budget $3-5k
    • Fire Department told us we need to trim trees on Jacaranda and Mulberry trees – Tree Care will come and do the work
  • Vacancies and rooms:
    • Claire moved to 204
    • Philip moved to 218
    • Kyla to move into 207
  • Rents
    • Two people who are behind on rent, one who has begun to pay and one who has not. More to be discussed in closed session.
  • Update on reserve study report
    • According company that reviewed our reserve study and financial situation, we are 75% funded, which is about $75k short of where we need to be.
    • Potential major repairs for 117 includes repairs/replacement of part of roof, window replacement, external painting of building

Draft 2019 Budget

  • Josh presented financials for 2018 to help prep for 2019 budget discussions. See email from Josh with financials attached.
  • Highlights:
    • Insurance bill is $15k more than projected – looking into why, need to consider other insurance carriers
    • Childcare – very little of the allocated amount spent, should aim to spend more next year
    • Tax bill is less than expected – Bruce knows why
    • All savings go into reserve
    • We opened money market account

Rent Adjustment Proposal

  • Since USTU purchased the buildings in 2012, we raised rent – initially to pay off large tax bill (which we no longer have to pay).
  • We raised rents faster in 117 than in Bimini Terraces because the City’s Rent Stabilization Ordinance restricts percentage increases on units where residents pay their own utilities.
  • Current proposal is to increase Bimini Terrace by approximately 1% ($8 per unit) in order to bring the total percent rent increase in the Terraces since 2012 to the same level as the percent increase in rent for units in 117. Rent increases would be notified. CONSENSUS
  • Discussion:
    • Concern raised by owner-member with regard to the equal rent among all the Bimini Terrace units given the difference in size.
    • Aurisha, Lara and Jess B will work on developing a proposal on addressing this and bring it to a future meeting.

BVCLT Items

  • BVCLT Board - compliance with the bylaws
    • Members of the co-op can turn in the completed form that all of us were provided under our doors in order to be eligible to vote in the Board of Directors for BVCLT on January 21.
    • Three categories of Board members for BVCLT: 1) Lessee Members: Living on BVCLT land; 2) General Members: Living in the Neighborhood; 3) Public Members: Members representing the public interest.
    • Everyone is strongly encouraged to complete and turn in form – membership in BVCLT is free for residents of BVCLT property.
  • BVCLT - is USTU interested in purchasing the 4-plex?
    • postponed for future meeting

Next 5s

  • Josh and Sam facilitating next week, 12/10/18
  • No committee meetings
  • No work parties

Evaluation

  • Unclear about whether rent adjustment item needed a decision - better notification needed
  • Preference for agenda items to be sent out further in advance
  • Appreciation to Josh and others for preparing and presenting budget
  • Can non-members put items on the agenda (referring to Gemma & Chloe’s item)

Announcements

  • Dec 15: Bake Sale fundraiser for Burrito Project (money to feed the homelessness)

Comments on this page

2018-11-20 Meeting

DeletedPage

moved to previous (correct) day

Agenda

  • Agenda Review
  • SPOTVIL Meeting Proposal
  • SPOTVIL Discusion
  • Unit 218 for Philip
  • Schedule Natalie’s Provisional Membership Interview
  • Next Fours
  • Evaluation

Community Notes

Present: Carol, Bruce, William, Sam, Philip, Julio, Lara, Lois, Eric, Ana Paula, Silvio, Jimmy, Josh, Silvio, Claire, Devon, Charlie, Eli, Aurisha, Alex
Gemma, Chloe, Natalie, Biandrea, Ronny,

Summary of Meeting Decisions

  • Philip 218 room request approval
  • Rae’s Green light meeting Nov. 26th
  • Natalie’s Provisional Membership Interview Dec. 10th

Schedule a SPOTVIL Discussion

    • Space to talk about SPOTVIL and homelessness in the area. Have been talking to SELA, and Darius would help to facilitate the conversation. Open up a conversation for sharing feelings. Thursday Nov. 29th or Dec. 6th, 7 to 9, Community room.
  • Questions/Comments/Discussion:
    • Pubilic open event? Just EcoVillage? to start or just USTU? Just internal and then open it up
    • 3 neighbors from the EcoVillage? would like to talk.
    • You mentioned SELAH, can you clarify that relationship? Also will this conversation be bilingual?
      We are inviting Darius form SELAH to help us with this conversation. Having a bilingual space would be great
    • Why are you doing this?
      As part of our internship but it seems like there is a lot of tension around this topic and we wanted to open the space to the topic.

Presentation SPOTVIL

  • Update: The proposal is a reaction to the NIMBY reaction that was a mini bridge. there has to be a lot of deconstruction in order to make a constructions. The people here are great builders they like to build, they are very resourceful and creative. The idea is bringing them resource, the objects are being turned into other things. People are bringing their bikes get fixed. It;s a mess and it’s ugly by normal standards. They are using showers and bathrooms elsewhere and they use family resources. Perhaps they could build tiny homes on wheels with the help of our EcoVilliage?. Lois can’t see them going back to small tents or deconstructing their house or putting up a fence and bringing. Disturbed by small bikes but Lois asked and they denied stealing the bikes. Have skills for fixing bikes. Has reached out to the Mayor’s office of Homeless policy, Angie and PATH.
  • SPOTVIL rules read.
  • Discussion:
  • Questions
    • Does USTU have any decisions to makes?
    • What is the relationship between SPOTVIL proposal and what is happening right now. Terms are being interchanged and there is a lot confusion
    • How do we bring services and who can we talk to about addiction and metal health.
    • What are best practices form the city and what can the city do support?
    • How can accountability be enforced?
    • Can we send all of our comments concerns to an email?
    • Are these discussions going to change, and there will be agency? answer in 48 hours.
  • Comments
    • I have a pragmatic approach: a place that’s hard to be seen is prone to having camping. We should have order and rules. That will be better for us than sweeping and people coming back
      Marlow’s hierarchy of needs, basic needs cannot deal with higher level needs. They will not obey the rule. We see that all the time.
      It is loud. There is yelling.
    • Helplessness with homelessness. We have no expertise. I don’t feel helpful. I don’t have the training or capacity to give the way that I would like to. This is not the most efficient way to activate the space there. There is so much more that we do have expertise in. It is a scary thing over there and it is not safe over there. We don’t feel like we can do anything because no one has helped. We can’t deal with it we don’t have the capacity. Liability. We should be careful. If something happens we are liable. We should go forward in a smart way with good conscious movement.
    • Support spirit of SPOTVIL
  • Concerns
    • Original proposal said people will be vetted. No one has been vetted and there are people that can vet them from the city. The possibility is that other people can do it and can publicize the information. It is likely that they are in the criminal system already.
    • Clifford got kicked out Kitchen knife on a stick, fire there and as a woman I’m afraid of confronting them. They don’t follow the same rules. and it might not be fair to expect them to follow the same rules.
    • When people are in state of under the influence of drugs or mental health issues that’s when they don’t follow rule because they don’t have capacity. They may want to but cannot. A lot of people are homeless because of these issues. We really have to consider the needs of this community. Aggressive behavior does affect children and even only hearing it it can have long term effects. I am concerned about how that will be impacting them. This space should be healthy space and and this could create more harm than good. People are already moving from that side of the building. Creates trauma in the brain of small children.
    • I’ve seen a half naked man talking about soliciting women. With the new people that have moved in something permanent does not feel comfortable. Needs a great amount of training, and thoughtfulness.
    • Liability, what the children in the school are seeing. Affect the whole city. Attend LA tenants union regarding homelessness.
      health hazard. People are in a toxic space. Theft.
    • Discussion HAS to continue.

4 Nexts

  • Facilitators: Jimmy and Ellary
  • Committee Meetings:
    • Bienvenidios Wednesday
    • RVNC meeting Tuesday night
  • Super supper: Thanksgiving Thursday at 11:00 am
  • Work party:
    BVCLT needs interim Board Members
    Rae’s Greenlight meeting is Nov. 26

Evaluation

  • THANKS for stepping up real shame that we had such depth from half the room, created more tension. People should be respectful. Felt angry that many spoke a lot and then left.
  • Thank you for stepping good job listening and keeping vibes in check. Up set that people were asking “where can we have a meeting to discus?” When Gemma and Chloe had already made meeting for specifically that topic.
  • Time keeper for go around can help to keep discussion in check and help to keep people feeling like things are fair
  • appreciated go around. didn’t feel tension. It’s good to have people say things they haven’t said before but it’s nice to have an open ended discussion and would have like people come to her
  • thank you, reflect well, sometimes closed session is a nice thing. Should have ability to talk things out here.

Comments on this page

2018-11-19 Meeting

Agenda

  • Agenda Review
  • SPOTVIL Meeting Proposal
  • SPOTVIL Discusion
  • Unit 218 for Philip
  • Schedule Natalie’s Provisional Membership Interview
  • Next Fours
  • Evaluation

Community Notes

Present: Carol, Bruce, William, Sam, Philip, Julio, Lara, Lois, Eric, Ana Paula, Silvio, Jimmy, Josh, Silvio, Claire, Devon, Charlie, Eli, Aurisha, Alex
Gemma, Chloe, Natalie, Biandrea, Ronny,

Summary of Meeting Decisions

  • Philip 218 room request approval
  • Rae’s Green light meeting Nov. 26th
  • Natalie’s Provisional Membership Interview Dec. 10th

Schedule a SPOTVIL Discussion

    • Space to talk about SPOTVIL and homelessness in the area. Have been talking to SELA, and Darius would help to facilitate the conversation. Open up a conversation for sharing feelings. Thursday Nov. 29th or Dec. 6th, 7 to 9, Community room.
  • Questions/Comments/Discussion:
    • Pubilic open event? Just EcoVillage? to start or just USTU? Just internal and then open it up
    • 3 neighbors from the EcoVillage? would like to talk.
    • You mentioned SELAH, can you clarify that relationship? Also will this conversation be bilingual?
      We are inviting Darius form SELAH to help us with this conversation. Having a bilingual space would be great
    • Why are you doing this?
      As part of our internship but it seems like there is a lot of tension around this topic and we wanted to open the space to the topic.

Presentation SPOTVIL

  • Update: The proposal is a reaction to the NIMBY reaction that was a mini bridge. there has to be a lot of deconstruction in order to make a constructions. The people here are great builders they like to build, they are very resourceful and creative. The idea is bringing them resource, the objects are being turned into other things. People are bringing their bikes get fixed. It;s a mess and it’s ugly by normal standards. They are using showers and bathrooms elsewhere and they use family resources. Perhaps they could build tiny homes on wheels with the help of our EcoVilliage?. Lois can’t see them going back to small tents or deconstructing their house or putting up a fence and bringing. Disturbed by small bikes but Lois asked and they denied stealing the bikes. Have skills for fixing bikes. Has reached out to the Mayor’s office of Homeless policy, Angie and PATH.
  • SPOTVIL rules read.
  • Discussion:
  • Questions
    • Does USTU have any decisions to makes?
    • What is the relationship between SPOTVIL proposal and what is happening right now. Terms are being interchanged and there is a lot confusion
    • How do we bring services and who can we talk to about addiction and metal health.
    • What are best practices form the city and what can the city do support?
    • How can accountability be enforced?
    • Can we send all of our comments concerns to an email?
    • Are these discussions going to change, and there will be agency? answer in 48 hours.
  • Comments
    • I have a pragmatic approach: a place that’s hard to be seen is prone to having camping. We should have order and rules. That will be better for us than sweeping and people coming back
      Marlow’s hierarchy of needs, basic needs cannot deal with higher level needs. They will not obey the rule. We see that all the time.
      It is loud. There is yelling.
    • Helplessness with homelessness. We have no expertise. I don’t feel helpful. I don’t have the training or capacity to give the way that I would like to. This is not the most efficient way to activate the space there. There is so much more that we do have expertise in. It is a scary thing over there and it is not safe over there. We don’t feel like we can do anything because no one has helped. We can’t deal with it we don’t have the capacity. Liability. We should be careful. If something happens we are liable. We should go forward in a smart way with good conscious movement.
    • Support spirit of SPOTVIL
  • Concerns
    • Original proposal said people will be vetted. No one has been vetted and there are people that can vet them from the city. The possibility is that other people can do it and can publicize the information. It is likely that they are in the criminal system already.
    • Clifford got kicked out Kitchen knife on a stick, fire there and as a woman I’m afraid of confronting them. They don’t follow the same rules. and it might not be fair to expect them to follow the same rules.
    • When people are in state of under the influence of drugs or mental health issues that’s when they don’t follow rule because they don’t have capacity. They may want to but cannot. A lot of people are homeless because of these issues. We really have to consider the needs of this community. Aggressive behavior does affect children and even only hearing it it can have long term effects. I am concerned about how that will be impacting them. This space should be healthy space and and this could create more harm than good. People are already moving from that side of the building. Creates trauma in the brain of small children.
    • I’ve seen a half naked man talking about soliciting women. With the new people that have moved in something permanent does not feel comfortable. Needs a great amount of training, and thoughtfulness.
    • Liability, what the children in the school are seeing. Affect the whole city. Attend LA tenants union regarding homelessness.
      health hazard. People are in a toxic space. Theft.
    • Discussion HAS to continue.

4 Nexts

  • Facilitators: Jimmy and Ellary
  • Committee Meetings:
    • Bienvenidios Wednesday
    • RVNC meeting Tuesday night
  • Super supper: Thanksgiving Thursday at 11:00 am
  • Work party:
    BVCLT needs interim Board Members
    Rae’s Greenlight meeting is Nov. 26

Evaluation

  • THANKS for stepping up real shame that we had such depth from half the room, created more tension. People should be respectful. Felt angry that many spoke a lot and then left.
  • Thank you for stepping good job listening and keeping vibes in check. Up set that people were asking “where can we have a meeting to discus?” When Gemma and Chloe had already made meeting for specifically that topic.
  • Time keeper for go around can help to keep discussion in check and help to keep people feeling like things are fair
  • appreciated go around. didn’t feel tension. It’s good to have people say things they haven’t said before but it’s nice to have an open ended discussion and would have like people come to her
  • thank you, reflect well, sometimes closed session is a nice thing. Should have ability to talk things out here.

Comments on this page

2018-11-12 Meeting

No meeting - Veteran’s Day

Comments on this page

2018-11-05 Meeting

Facilitators: William and Alex

Members Attending: AnaIsa?, Jessica, Kiyla, Julio 2.0, Tunde, Jimmy, Joaquin, Josh, Kurt, Philip, Jess, Carol, Lara, Joe, Dilean, Aurisha, Andy, Michelle, Irma, Ellory

Guests Attending: Natalie, Lily, Kate, Cloeh

1. Intros – 5
2. Agenda Review – 5

Open Session

3. Unit Request, Phil – 5
4. Bike Committee Introduction, Phil – 5
5. Financial Report, Josh – 20
6. Management Report, Jess – 10
7. Food Lobby, Lois – 15
8. Song’s RFP, Lois – 5
9. Eval – 5
10. Next 5s – 5

Closed Session

11. 202 Unit Decision, AnaIsa? and Kiya – 10

Unit Request Announcement, Philip – 5
New member, would like 218. Discussed about moving in December 1st.

Bike Committee Introduction, Philip – 5
To address the use of bikes in the community. I.E., bike room payment and maintenance. Looking to get interest and commitment. Needs feedback on if this is meeting a need in the community.
Jimmy: Will have open meeting with Philip 600 on Thursday to further discuss and clarify.

Financial Report, Josh – 13.32
First report since Jess took over.
Budget looks good. More income from filled units, less income from guests. Aimed for income of 86k, got 89k. Property Management Fees are over, but that is because manager’s salary was put into wrong line.

Management Report, Jess – 10
Garages are currently being worked on. Roof being worked on. Evidence of fire previously, fixing stucco and support. Fixed community kitchen faucet. Bathtubs have been being re-glazed. Everybody has paid except for the continued issues. Close to not having any vacancies. 207 = shitshow. Mario will be working on this after the garages are complete. Expect to be done around end of the year. In recent inspection from fire department, were complemented on cleanliness. Thank you Moop Committee.

Food Lobby, Lara – 15
Lois is sick, Lara presenting. Money for food lobby currently in CRSP account. CRSP is request that this be taken under USTU instead.
Q: Is is self-sustaining? Deficit?
A: Break even, small profit.
Q: Why can’t they open an account on their own?
A: They are not corporate. There are a lot of laws around non-individual and non-corporation to open bank accounts (due to money laundering worries).
Q: Are we taking in a liability considering they are selling food?
A: It is a service to co-op members.
Q: If it is added to USTU, is it up to treasurer to keep track of?
A: Josh is also treasurer for food lobby.
S: As treasurer, think it would make things a lot simpler.
S: Need another meeting to discuss approaches.
Q: Does CRSP receive any sort of overhead? Would be good to have small (like 2%).
A: CRSP does not receive overhead.
Q: Is is changing location?
A: No.
S: Simple bank account, very few transactions. Rent is something that will need to be discussed in the future.
S: If financial situation changes, it will need to come back for further discussion.
FURTHER DISCUSSION NEEDED, LARA WILL LEAD

202 Unit Request, AnaIsa? and Kyla
This is an issue around the noise of cars on Vermont, but also the encampment on 1st. Has spoken with multiple people on this side of the building and this is a big issue. Would like this room request to be a discussion on this. Has heard that there options to get city rebates on soundproof windows.
Kyla: No need for a specific unit, sleeps heavily.
CLOSED SESSION
ANAISA’S REQUEST DENIED: Honoring 2-year policy, move would not address noise concerns effectively
KYLA’S REQUEST APPROVED

Evaluation:
Positive:
sensitive to social dynamics, asked questions when didn’t know how to facilitate, sensitive to process and concerns

Change:
Could have given time for Kyla and AnaIsa? time to speak it out between them, would have liked more input from Kyla and AnaIsa? in closed session, presenters should be clearer about what they intend to present, when working through an item ask for concerns instead of blocks or stand-asides

Next 4s:
Committee Meeting: 11/17, BVCLT Retreat
Monday 11/12 Stop the Bleed 630 in community room

Supa Suppas:
11/6 6pm: Bruce, Jimmy, and Kyla birthday dinner

Work Parties:
11/18 10am Beautification of Bimini Terraces

Facilitators:

Comments on this page

Error

Only Editors are allowed to see this hidden page.