This wiki is dedicated to documenting and discussing the activities and surroundings of the Los Angeles Eco-Village and its members.
If you are looking for more information about the LA Eco-Village you might also want to check out our other sites:
- Reinventing how we live in The City - A blog with great aspirations about life at the LA Eco-Village
- http://laecovillage.org/ - A CRSP maintained website where you can find information about upcoming events and tours at LAEV, news from LAEV, extensive resources on ecovillages, permaculture, intentional communities cohousing, related events, historical information, directions, contacts, and much more…
The Los Angeles Eco-Village is located in the Koreatown area in the city of Los Angeles, California and it intends to demonstrate processes for lower environmental impact and higher quality of living patterns in an urban environment. Here is an expanded LA Eco-Village Overview.
These are some pages to start navigating this site:
- MissionStatement for this wiki
- LA Eco-Villagers - A Sample of some individuals who are part of the community.
- Agreements and Policies - Our consensed policies and agreements.
- Weekly Community Meeting - This is info and agenda pages for the weekly community meeting.
- USTU - The Urban Soil/Tierra Urbana limited equity housing coop, which is the forming organization that will allow for coop ownership of the LAEV buildings.
- Work Party Schedule - this is for dates and organizers of planned work
- Mailing Lists - How to stay in the loop about the Eco-Village.
- LAEV Food Coop - This source for all things related to the LAEV food coop
- Membership Information - Visit the membership committee central in this page to find information about becoming a member, along with documents about the creation and constant evolution of our membership process.
- Visitor Committee - If you want to visit and stay with us take a look at this page.
- Garden Club - Resources for and communication about the garden. For garden stories and pictures, also see the
- Conflict Resolution Team - How we resolve conflicts.
- Neighborhood Resources - A place to list and find local resources.
- Calendar - of things happening at or around Urban Soil
Other Navigation tools:
- The Beverly Vermont Community Land Trust - Learn about this comprehensive approach to community transformation of neighborhoods within walking distance of the Beverly/Vermont Metro Station
- LEED-ND LA Eco-Village Neighborhood - The LA Eco-Village two block neighborhood is a registered project for the LEED Neighborhood Development Pilot Program. All those collaborating on this project are posting information here.
- White House Place Learning Garden - We need to let LAUSD know our neighborhood is a model for the the future, and will be here to stay!—--
There’s a link, Edit this page, at the bottom of a page to let you edit it. Feel free to add new material or rework existing material. Visit UsingWiki to get a primer on what is a wiki and how to write here. Visit the SandBox if you want to play and get comfortable with the usage of the wiki. It’s nice to other users if you put your RealName in the “Username” box when making changes.
This is a website maintained by people interested in communities - including you! With help from people who have created tools for on-line community development (thanks OddwIki!!!). This wiki uses the Oddmuse Wiki Engine.
For help, please send mail to this site's webmaster, giving this error message
and the time and date of the error.